Me

Me
Prom day

Sunday 16 October 2011

My Video Evaluation

Throughout the past five weeks I put together a video profile of myself by using Finalcut pro to construct my footage into a media product. I mastered the basics on Finalcut pro by watching videos on YouTube. Also I learnt how to use Finalcut pro from watching some of my peers edit. The equipment I used to make my video was shot on a Canon 1100D (DSLR). I also used a professionally video tripod so that all of my shots were steady. I first recorded my video on a Canon camcorder which did not look professionally because there was lots of noise in the footage, so I recorded it again with a DSLR which brought my video to life. It was good because in my first video I was a bit shy and my video looks like it was directed by an amateur, you can tell the huge difference between my first video and then my final video. At first I had my video length at 10 minutes which in the end I cut it down to 6 mins, which was a hard decision to make. When I was editing I had problems with the sound levels so it took most of my time fixing. The best part of my video is the entrance because it builds up to my interview. What I would do differently next time is I would cut down on the production of video because it didn’t allow me to get full feedback from my peers. Also next time I would cut my video down to about 4 mins to keep the viewer wanting more and update my logbook in time before the lesson ends. The feedback I got from peers was really useful because it allowed me to see things that I could not see but because I got my feedback late I wasn’t able to improve my video. In generally the feedback I got was positive .So I was really pleased of my work. One of the main comments that stood out was “when your being interviewed, you need to lower the sound, and at the start with the tripod, you need to be more smoother, otherwise it looks as if the shutter speed is wrong and blurry, so get smoother turning, and panning, other than that, it was good bro, I like the video ident at the start with the sound effects, but to be honest , it was a little long, and try to be speak a bit clearer when you are being interviewed, I couldn’t understand some parts, but other than that, it was really well made and good, the music choice wasn’t bad either!.What i could do to make my video sound professional is use a external mic (Zoom H1)

No comments:

Post a Comment