Me

Me
Prom day

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Final Photo Evaluation


      Final Photos Evaluation




I am very proud to say that my photos turned out better that expected, which resulted to feedback ‘mind blowing’. At first when it came to deciding what theme I was going to do it, was very difficult for me to come to a conclusion of what I wanted to do. So I decided to brainstorm and write down things I was interested in. My first idea was to create this vintage American dinner look with my model, wearing a bandanna on her head and a white shirt and a sweater. I found an American dinner 10 minutes away from West India Station due to location costing £50 an hour. Due no funding I had to change my idea.

My peers gave me back some very good feedback their love all the photos especially the ‘Chilled’ one. Their loved the simplicity of the photographs being in one location, one light and one model with a plain background. One of my peers suggested that next time  I should have 3 sets of clothing for the model.

What went very good was the shooting on the actual day when I was shooting in the Photography studio. I had a kind of small idea of how I wanted my photos to turn out. Also what well for me was I used a Nikon camera which was really cool because it was my first time using that camera  which gave me a challenge. The framing of my photographs turned out really I have a improvement in my framing skills.
Things you could improve on? The way I can improve for next time is to plan more and to try something different with the lighting so maybe a silhouette light set up to add more dark mood to the photo. One of many obstacles I had to over come was to chose my best five photos and make all the photos correspond with each other.

My photos are very appropriate for the magazine I think my photos are very iconic and gives the viewer a story behind each photo. Also it has a simple but very Artistic feel to it.
I strongly think that the picture editor for Rolling Stones would definitely feel very happy to put my photos in the magazine with a few tweaks.
What I will do next time if I had the opportunity to do this task again is to shoot more photos and kind of experiment more with the poses and the set design.



I am v

No comments:

Post a Comment