Me

Me
Prom day

Thursday 6 June 2013

Video Installtion - Andy work




Evaluation

The video installation was a very exciting project for me. As there is no rules or structure to how one should make a installation which allows the artist to be free and be more creative with their piece. I presented my work in a mp4 format. My video installation was water your probably thinking that sounds boring ‘but it is not just not any water video installation its far from normal. It’s a perspective that public doesn’t look into’. The name of my installation is called ‘Blue Gold’ blue meaning water and gold a metaphor for the worth of water. It took me a couple hours to get all my information and resources. It took me 6 hours to edit the whole video. I wanted my installation to struck people as their where walking around college, to stop and look at my installation and take something away from it. The reason why I chose to use water as my topic was because water is an amazing liquid which will we take for granted in this world. So I wanted to shed a light on Blue Gold and some evil behind water companies like Nestle.


                                 
                      This is one of the location where I wanted my installation to be viewed by the public

                                                     

                                         
This the second location where I wanted my installation to be viewed

Location

I chose to use the first locations as the lift with screens above is viewed probably by 200 people and is the best place to get peoples attention.

Obstacles

Some of the obstacles that occurred to me beforehand, was if the context of the video was too much for the viewer. It didn’t contain any sexual acts, so it passed as safe.

Strengths

One of the strengths of my video installation was the research side was very detailed. Also the video installation got some good feedback from my peers
.
Weakness

My weakness was my timing to get the video installation done I kept changing my ideas time after time.

Next time
Next time I will improve on my timing and try something unusual and abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment